Work with us
Māori and Pasifika Summer Research Scholarships
Applications are now open for 2023/2024 summer projects.
The Centre for Biodiversity and Biosecurity (CBB) is excited to offer four summer research scholarships for Māori and Pasifika students this coming summer. Students will be midway- or at the end of their first year of study in Sciences at the University of Auckland. The scholarships aim to:
- Encourage Stage 1 Māori and Pasifika students to study biodiversity and biosecurity through exposure to / participation in research and work experience h in this field of study
- Improve engagement of CBB staff with Māori and Pasifika students.
Successful applicants will:
- gain new experiences, skills and knowledge in biodiversity and biosecurity
- get to know staff and students in biodiversity and biosecurity
- receive a tax-free stipend of $6750.
Scholarship research projects are completed in a 10-week period from November to February, under the supervision of researchers from the School of Biological Sciences (University of Auckland), Manaaki Whenua – Landcare Research, Department of Conservation and Auckland Council (see list of projects here).
Students will work on more than one project so they get a range of research experience – we do our best to make sure you work on at least one of your preferred projects.
To apply, please email your completed application form and Academic Transcript to the Summer Research Scholarship Coordinator, Anna Santure, by 11:59pm on Sunday 8 October.
Note: Academic Transcripts are required to verify eligibility for the Scholarship. GPA will not be used when assessing student applications.